Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Turkey, Turkey, Turkey!

Because we are leaving... well TODAY,we had our Thanksgiving feast with LB's side of the family on Sunday. And it was deeeelicious! I really would consent to any excuse to eat turkey with gravy,potatoes and yum-dum pie. You better believe my babe enjoyed his 1st Thanksgiving meal too! He was slopping up potatoes and stuffing like he was starving. He didn't care much for the turkey though.(Just you wait A)
My "job" was making the brown sugar-glazed carrots.
I pulled the recipe from here.
Super easy and so good if you like that sort of thing.(which I do)

Brown Sugar-Glazed Carrots
2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (12 to 14 medium)
1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat 1 inch water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add carrots and, if desired, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered 12 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.

While carrots are cooking, heat brown sugar, butter, orange peel and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Be careful not to overcook or the mixture will taste scorched. Remove from heat. Drain carrots. Stir carrots into brown sugar mixture. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently, until carrots are glazed and hot.  I personally cooked mine for about 10 min instead of  5. I was worried about them not absorbing enough of the brown sugar flavor.  It still turned out super yummy
.
And just because I have been dying to try this out since I saw it on Pinterest,I made Sonic Cherry Limeade.
Oh my word-it tasted like the real thing. If you enjoy your Sonic limeades like I do you might want to give this a shot. Recipe can be found here in original form.
All you need is Sprite,limeade concentrate and cherries with juice(you need the juice part)!

photo taken by Kelsie

Happy Thanksgiving to all!





2 comments:

Kendra said...

Where in the world did you get that lovely cardigan! My word! And I'll have to try that cherry limeade. Sonic is my fav!

SassAFrass said...

I got it from Shade about a yr ago. I love it and use any excuse I can to wear it.:) You need to try the cherry limeade, it really tastes like the real thing!