Thursday, December 22, 2011

A good reminder for today

                                                                       {source}
You know the common expression "expect the unexpected" ?
Its kind of been my go-to phrase for my life for a long time. Close friends and family probably be familiar with it being said way too often out of my mouth.
This month has been cocked full of the unexpected. Mounds of images and lists and plans have gone out the window as I am trying to re-adjust the picture.
While sparing you all the boring details, I will just say I am excited for our first Christmas as a family(by that I mean + Baby A)
There will be way too much junk food
Way too much picture snapping, Christmas music, Hallmark movies
and not nearly enough smiling.
I am cherishing these moments.

3 comments:

meg said...

i loved this. Makes me feel better about all the neighbor treats I burnt today.

The Arizona Russums said...

yes. i always struggle to get rid of my unrealistic expectations. way to live in the moment!

Anonymous said...

Good post! lots of meaning!